Transportation Law is specially designed for students pursuing a three-year or five-year degree course in national law schools as well as other law education institutions. The text has been written with the broad objective of understanding the significance of transport in human life and analyzing the present status of Indian laws on regulating the transport sector in India. Beginning with the importance of legal regulation in the transport sector, it goes on to cover regulations governing transport by roadways, airways, waterways, and railways, including international conventions where applicable. Finally, it discusses contemporary issues in the transport sector such as the aims and objectives of the draft Road Transport and Safety Bill, 2014.
- Explains the meaning and significance of transport in society
- Discusses the importance of legal regulation in ensuring optimum utilization of transportation
- Specifically covers the liability of air carriers in cases of loss of passenger life and luggage
- Covers the concept of Railways Grievance Redressal Tribunal, its major objectives and working
- Features a detailed discussion on the most debated Road Transport and Safety Bill, 2014