Trade Marks and Passing Off (Set of 2 Volumes)
This is a section wise commentary on the Trade Marks Act, 1999 and the Geographical Indications of Goods Act, 1999. The narrative is arranged under 2 volumes consisting of a comprehensive list of appendices
- Venkateswaran on Trade Marks and Passing-off is an advanced section-wise commentary on the current legislation on the Law of Trade Marks, Passing Off and Geographical Indications.
- It comprehensively compiles related reference study material in the form of appendices, which includes:
- Bare provisions of rules and guidelines
- Relevant Notifications
- Relevant provisions under other statutes
- International material and agreements
- International Classification of Goods & Services for the Purposes of Registration of Marks (NICE Classification)
- Madrid international registration material
- Geographical Indications Act, Rules and Guidelines
- This authoritative work, first published in 1936, has been cited in a number of cases by the Bombay High Court.
- There has also been a spurt in litigation relating to trademark infringement – this book comprehensively incorporates up-to-date Indian and foreign case law and all landmark judgments reported in premier law journals such as RPC-Oxford and PTC.
- This commentary is an essential guide for litigators, trademark agent and Judges, on the latest position of law on Trade Marks and Geographical Indications in India, UK and Europe