Tannan’s Banker’s Manual- A Commentary on Banking Laws & Allied Acts (Set of 2 Volumes)
“• This thematic commentary provides comprehensive coverage of operational and regulatory aspects of banking industry.
- Analyses various aspects of the banking sector including (I) Credit policy, (II) Audit & inspection, (III) Dishonour of cheques, (IV) Loans and advances, (V) Guarantee, Securities, (VI) Digitalisation of banking platforms, (VII) developments in regulations relating to Non-performing asset (NPAs) Management, (VIII) introduction of e-banking services and products and practical problems pertaining to the same
- Incorporates important legislative & other developments with respect to (I) The Insolvency & Bankruptcy Code, 2016, (II) SARFAESI, SICA and Bankruptcy code, (III) Enforcement of Security Interest and Recovery of Debt laws and Miscellaneous Provisions (Amendment) Act, 2016, (IV) International Banking Unit
- Incorporates significant judicial decisions on key enactments including Banking Regulation Act 1949; Negotiable Instruments Act 1881; SARFAESI Act 2002; and Debt Recovery Tribunal Act 1993.
- Includes revised forms and latest circulars and notifications issued by the RBI.
- Contains quick reference tables, comparative tables, illustrative figures for ease of understanding.
- The book is a must buy for Legal practitioners specializing in banking law, law firms specializing in banking law, Banking Institutions, Company Secretaries, Chartered Accountants, Research Scholars & academicians, Libraries of Supreme Court/ High Courts/ Tribunals and also for students preparing for competitive bank exams such as: JAIIB/ CAIIB, AIBE.
- All statutory and case law pertaining to significant changes and developments in the banking landscape have been incorporated in this edition.
- Includes all the relevant statutes and regulations with section-wise comments on the critical enactments such as Banking Regulation Act, Negotiable Instruments Act, and State Financial Corporation Act.
“ The book captures the history of banking law and takes us through all the substantial developments over the years… Rajesh Narain Gupta has given the prestigious publication substantial creative addition.”
Naina Lal Kidwai
Ex Group General Manager and Country Head, HSBC India
“ With stressed assets becoming the achilles heel of the banking industry, the detailed coverage of the SARFAESI Act, 2002 and the thorough explanation of the nitty gritties involved, the book is useful for everyone’s understanding.”
CEO & Managing Director, Asset Reconstruction Company (India) Ltd
“ The 25th edition of Tannan’s Bankers Manual, inter alia gives a detailed analysis of recent developments with respect to the Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881 and provides clarity of concept and a comprehensive study of the subject… Updated and complete in all respects, this manual is a must read for all bankers and legal professionals practising in banking laws.”
Head – Legal, IndusInd Bank Ltd
“…effectively captures the concepts of banking legislation… It comprehensively covers the latest legal developments…is a valuable addition to the publications on banking law in India.”
Vice President, Private Sector & Co-Financing Operations(VPCC)
Ex CFO & Managing Director, State Bank of India