The Advocates Act, 1961
Sanjiva Row’s The Advocates Act, 1961 is a section-wise commentary tracing the development of the Advocates Act, 1961 in a lucid and comprehensive manner.
Some of the key features of this book are:
- This section wise commentary on the Advocates Act illustrates and explains the provisions of the Act in a lucid, comprehensive and systematic manner
- Incorporates all legislative developments since its last edition
- All latest and notable cases of the Supreme Court as well as various High Courts have been incorporated
- Appendices covers important Acts/Rules/Regulations such as the Bar Council of India Certificate and Place of Practice (Verification) Rules 2015, the Consumer Protection (Procedure for regulation of allowing appearance of Agents or representatives or Non-Advocates or Voluntary Organisations before the Consumer Forum) Regulations 2014, the Bar Council of India Rules, the Bar Council of India Inspection Manual 2010 as well as the codes of conduct governing advocates in other parts of the world such as Canada, America and Europe
- The book is a standard reference for Lawyers, Judges, members of the Supreme Court Bar Association (SCBA) and various High Court Bar Associations (HCBA), Law College libraries, Libraries of National and State Judicial Academies, SCBA and HCBAs, Law Firms, Professors of Law and Students