Master Guide to Corporate Taxation – As amended by the Finance Act, 2017
This book is a complete treatise on the provisions of Income-tax Act, 1961 connected to computation of total income of Indian companies and companies which are treated as Resident in India for the assessment years 2017-18 and 2018-19. The book will be useful for taxpayers, tax officials, professionals and those involved in understanding issues related to corporate taxation.
- Contains relevant legislative history of the provisions of the Act applicable from Assessment Year 2013-14 onwards
- In-depth analysis of highly contentious issues with latest decisions of the Supreme Court
- Provisions and special provisions of multiple chapters of the Act in respect to each heads of income are brought together
- Special and overriding provisions of the Act, relevant rules and other statutes and circulars and notifications are placed at relevant places
- Special provisions applicable to business of insurance, shipping, development of patents and income from carbon credits are analysed in an independent chapter
- Separate chapter for specific provisions and Income Computation and Disclosure Standards applicable to banks, financial and non-banking financial corporations
- Separate parts or chapters on analysis of provisions applicable to all the heads of income and on special provisions related to tax on certain domestic companies and Minimum Alternate Tax
- Important circulars and notifications issued by the Central Board of Direct Taxes including on Income Computation and Disclosure Standards, till March 2017 have been incorporated.