Law of Elections and Election Petitions (Set of 2 Volumes)
- This fifth edition gives an overview of the entire process of Elections beginning with Delimitation of Constituencies to the Power of Recall.
- It also provides a detailed and critical analysis of issues such as Qualifications and Disqualifications, Election expenditure, Corrupt Practices, Electoral Offences, Right to Information; Election Procedures from the highest constitutional office of the President of India to the Panchayats and Municipalities.
- The most outstanding and a unique feature of the book is the incorporation of chapters covering the procedural aspects relating to Election Petitions including drafting, presentation, pleadings, reliefs that can be granted, limitation and costs.
- A new chapter highlighting the various relevant provisions of the Constitution of India has also been added in this revised edition.
- This edition has been extensively and meticulously revised taking into account the changes brought about by recent legislative amendments as well as judgments of constitutional courts.
- All latest landmark cases as well as legislative amendments have been covered in this revised edition.
- Important relevant Acts and Rules have been provided in the form of Appendices at the end of the commentary.
- An exhaustive subject index and a table of cases add to the utility of this work.
- The book is a standard and an exhaustive reference for judges, lawyers, scholars, legislators, social scientists, administrators and law libraries.