Ratanlal and Dhirajlal The Law of Torts
- This is one of the most authoritative commentaries on the Law of Torts under the renowned Ratanlal & Dhirajlal Series.
- Currently in its 121st year of publication, this book has been relied on and referenced repeatedly since its inception and has also been cited by the Supreme Court in the landmark Jacob Mathew case and by other High Courts across India.
- The commentary captures, discusses and analyses the evolution of fundamental principles of occupier’s liability, polluter’s strict liability, duty of care in landmark Supreme Court decisions including: Limestone quarrying in Doon valley, Oleum Gas Leak, Bhopal Gas Leak, Uphaar Cinema and Jacob Mathew.
- This book examines the legislative provisions dealing with tortious liability under the Environment Protection Act, Consumer Protection Act and Motor Vehicles Act
- Judicial developments in India as well as foreign jurisdictions including the United Kingdom have been incorporated
- An additional value add to this work is a concise yet comprehensive summary, at the end of the commentary, on the law consisting of important case law references