Halsbury’s Laws of India, Volume 32: Direct Tax-II
- Capturing comprehensive and definitive statements of law, the Halsbury’s Laws of India is the only encyclopedic series that restates law as is.
- The series is based on the prestigious Halsbury’s Laws of England which provides statements of law supported by current authority.
- This series is not a commentary but presents the legal position as it is laid by legislation and case law
- Thematically arranged, this volume on Direct Tax is a consolidated work on Income Tax Act, 1961, Income Tax Rules 1962 and incorporates commentary on concepts such as Double Taxation, Collection & Recovery of Tax, Offences and Penalties, Taxation of Legal Entities, etc. thereby offering a more holistic view on the subject.
- The volume covers latest provisions of the Finance Bill, 2018 and significant judicial pronouncements by the Apex Court and High Courts.
- Due to the encyclopedic nature of Halsbury’s Laws, and its unique style and purpose, it is a must for academicians, legal scholars, the bar and the bench.