College Law Dictionary (WITH LEGAL MAXIMS, LATIN TERMS, AND WORDS and PHRASES)
The College Law Dictionary is a handy and compact law dictionary for students that provides accurate meanings of more than 15,000 legal maxims, Latin terms, and words & phrases commonly used in various fields of law, with references to relevant statutes and judicial pronouncements. A novel feature of this edition is the inclusion of terms and phrases related to the emerging areas of law such as Information Technology, Cyber Law, Intellectual Property Rights, Alternative Dispute Resolution, International Trade and Commerce.
- It retains its basic coverage of:
- Definitions of key standard legal words, maxims and phrases.
- Terms from specialized fields such as Banking, Insurance, Carriage, Stock Exchange, Forensic Medicine, Mercantile, Maritime and Military Law.
- Words peculiar to Hindu Law, Mohammedan Law and the other personal laws.
- Words, phrases and expressions commonly found in English Statutes, decisions and treatises that have made their entry in Indian legal literature.
This dictionary is an ideal reference for students of Law, Sociology, Political Science, Accountancy, Finance and Management as well as for entry-level lawyers and academicians.